October 3, 2008

Will summer ever end?



We have had some cool mornings lately, but by 9:00 a.m. it is warm around here. My kids are so confused because they talk about the seasons changing at school but then see no change in our seasons whatsoever. It's not global warming...it's East Texas!

Last week when I was at Wal-Mart, I noticed that they had play sand on sale. It caught my eye because there were some very vibrant colors including purple. Several thoughts went through my mind..."my kids would love purple sand", "how do they make purple sand?", "will this make more of a mess than regular sand?"...and I decided to go for it. 120 pounds of purple sand now live in a one-eyed turtle in my back yard.

By the way, I grossly underestimated the mess of purple sand....

1 comment:

LePage Family said...

OK - that would drive me nuts! How will you clean THAT up? However, it does look WAY cool! Bet the kids love it!