November 14, 2008

Floods and webs

The rain we had earlier this week caused our creek to flood way out of its' banks. You may have noticed as you've come down Rieck Road that the city has built a walkway under the road so walkers/runners/bike riders can get from the park to the other side of the road (more specifically, to Premier Fitness). Since that construction, the flooding has worsened.

On a totally different note, my mom came back from Reno this week with a delivery of toys for my kids. My sister-in-law (in Dallasa0 had sent two presents - one for each of my older kids (their birthdays are all so close that we basically celebrate them together). Anyway, she sent the following:

For Silas - a Spider Man gun that shoots both water and "web" - aka grey silly string.

For Emma - a Hanna Montana doll that has actual hair color (for the doll and the child).

I warned her that when I go shopping for her kids' Christmas presents, I will remember the silly string all over my back yard and the purple hair color all over everything. What's family for anyway?

2 comments:

Amber said...

HA HA! Glad to see I haven't lost my status as "fun Aunt Amber"...with the kids anyway!!

Kim Hodges said...

That's totally something my sister would get for my kids. I bet they LOVE them, though!