September 27, 2008

The master bath


I started to do some redecorating in my master bath today. Well, truth be told, I started several years ago when the wallpaper started peeling. Each time I took a bath, I would pull another piece of the wallpaper off. It had gotten to the point where the bathroom looked really bad! So this morning I woke up with resolve - get the wallpaper off and paint. Emma and Silas were my helpers. They went with me to Lowe's where we got a wallpaper scorer, empty spray bottles and scrapers. First, we scored the walls (my job), then they each sprayed the wallpaper with a mixture of hot water and fabric softener. After letting that soak in, we scraped the wallpaper right off. It was not really fun, but very rewarding. Good bye 10 year old floral wallpaper. We were able to get one side of the bathroom painted this evening:

2 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Ooh, I love that color!

LePage Family said...

I agree with Kim - what a great color! Now if only the smell would go away...
But I am sure it's so worth it!