September 24, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to the allergist...


Jeff sent me these beautiful flowers for our anniversary. May I say without bragging...aren't they gorgeous?


When we first got married, I got flowers every month on the 23rd. No kidding, I used to have about 50 vases. It went on for several years. Then Emma came and money got tighter and well, you know the rest. So this delivery yesterday was a special treat for me. It reminded me of those monthly deliveries that became so routine. I appreciate the flowers much more now than I did then.

Unfortunately, I am having to appreciate them from a little further off than I used to. When we got home from our date last night, I started having an allergy attack - eyes, nose, skin, throat - the whole bit. I quickly figured out it was the flowers and they were banished to the entry hall. By the time we headed off to bed, I was in search of eye drops and benedryl and Jeff had to put the flowers out in the garage. Not only did I have to give up my beautiful flowers...it also had a negative impact on the rest of our evening (do I need to say more?). What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

How awful, "BUT......" there's lots of really lovely silk flowers out there. That's about the only kind I can be around too. What a thoughtful man, though. I know you really love and appreciate him.