December 22, 2008

Promises Kept


The most wonderful thing in the world is a promise kept! This season of advent reminds me that God is the ultimate promise keeper. There is no promise made by God that has not been kept. I am so thankful that He kept the most important promise of all - to send His Son to save me and you.

I am also mindful that humanity is sinful and people do not always keep their promises. I know of two little boys who were told by their mother that she would see them for Christmas (after more than a year of absence)...but will now have to spend Christmas without her because of a broken promise. What is worse than the broken promise of a mother at Christmas?

In a world of sin and broken promises, I would like to make the following promises to my family:

to be more patient, to spend more time and less multi-tasking, to be less critical, to love more fully as the Father has called me to love.

Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

No comments: