January 31, 2009

A plague upon our house

This week has been brutal. One week ago, on Saturday, Abby threw up. That started 5 days of "stomach bug". When she was done, I had washed so much laundry and cleaned up so many spots on the carpet that my knuckles were bleeding (from being so dry). I was so relieved to be done with this round.

Much to my dismay, that very night, Silas threw up. The whole thing started again. It is Saturday and he is still sick. He actually laid on the couch all day today - my monkey boy was still.

Let me say for the record that I love my kids and am privileged to take care of them, especially when they are sick. Let me also say that I have cabin fever. I am actually excited to get back to work. I hope none of you have a plague upon your house!

2 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

We missed you yesterday! I hope it stops with Silas!!

Kim Hodges said...

Oh, and Kalleigh threw up at school today. Here it comes. :(